The stats helper monkeys at WordPress.com mulled over how this blog did in 2010, and here’s a high level summary of its overall blog health:
The Blog-Health-o-Meter™ reads Wow.
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 160,000 times in 2010. If it were an exhibit at The Louvre Museum, it would take 7 days for that many people to see it.
In 2010, there were 39 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 4509 posts. There were 50 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 13mb. That’s about 4 pictures per month.
The busiest day of the year was June 16th with 961 views. The most popular post that day was ரஜினியின் எந்திரன்- தி ரோபோ .
Where did they come from?
The top referring sites in 2010 were digg.com, snapjudge.blogspot.com, iphone5g.net, who-will-win-fifa-worldcup-2010.com, and legal5ounds.com.
Some visitors came searching, mostly for எந்திரன் தி ரோபோ, பலான படங்கள், பொது அறிவு வினா விடை, யூ ட்யூப், and பலான.
Attractions in 2010
These are the posts and pages that got the most views in 2010.
ரஜினியின் எந்திரன்- தி ரோபோ July 2009
யூ ட்யூப் x பலான படம் – தீவினையின் தோற்றுவாய் எது? April 2008
செக்ஸ் வைத்துக்கொள்ள எளிய வழிகள் August 2009
வினாடி வினா: உலகமயமாக்கல் பொது அறிவு கேள்விகள் March 2009
செத்தான் பிரபாகரன் September 2009
Posted in Tamil Blog
குறிச்சொல்லிடப்பட்டது 2010, Blogs, Cinema, Endhiran, Films, Google Reader, Google Search, Movies, Rajini, Rajni, Robot, Shankar, Stats, Summary, Tamil Blogs, Tools, Visitors, Wordpress, WordPress.com, Year in Review
I would say three things:
Which things do U know really well?
What is ur knowledge domain?
Where can U give good tips, tricks, suggestions?
When #1 Focus is too demanding switch to give regular updates like
– comments on news
– experiences, life events
– Refer articles to read, invite friends to contribute, interview them
3. Online Presence
Submit to aggregators – Digg, Blogkut
Post it in Social Networking sites – Facebook, Twitter
Good Practices to the post – Machine readable (Google understandable) Title, lot of Tags, one or two categories
Any other useful info or sites?
Again 3 things:
a. Quality of content (Audience)
– The visitor might hv come via Search Engine: Sound research, useful tidbits shd be there in each post
– Regular reader: Don’t repeat; say the obvious
– Occasional onlooker: came via social networking sites like reddit.com, Digg, Del.icio.us, clipmarks
b. Short attention span
– Keep it in bulletpoints (summarize each post at top or bottom) ; Use blockquotes: Be aware of HTML
– Add a relavant Photo – attracts the user to the content, writing; summarize the post in 140 chars in Twitter
– Read a lot; write in simple language
c. Interaction with Visitors
– comment regularly on ur visitor blogs
– write lengthy rebuttals to popular bloggers (like those listed in Desipundit.com)
– don’t cheat ur feed readers: write often; atleast once every day!
Finally Technical Notes:
1. Use wordpress.com (instead of blogger.com)
2. As much a spossible avoid writing lengthy discourses on Politics (at least when starting to write blogs)
3. Never ever post ur Kavithai, story, fiction etc in blogs – Not many will read there
4. Give lots of link to relevant posts from other blogs – Link Love
If at all going via Blogspot route:
Posted in Blog, Blogger, Bloggers, Blogroll, Blogs, Blogspot
குறிச்சொல்லிடப்பட்டது Aggregators, Blogger, Blogs, Blogspot, Cool, Emails, Feeds, Hot, Lectures, New, Newbie, Old, Suggestions, Templates, Tips, Tricks, Wordpress, WP