- Anoop going blah blah….: Sivaji – FIRST REVIEW ON NET!!
- Scene with Shreya and train which is kinda unbelievable
- The final slides on the screen as names roll by is something every Indian would dream for.
- Rajini-in-Sivaji.com » Sivaji First reactions– from a fan
- Interval block resembles similar to Tagore (Chiranjeevi’s movie)
- Iis all abt an NRI who teaches a lesson for all who don’t pay tax
- Is all about a Medical College Revenge
- Random Thoughts / Perspective Reflections: $!V@J!:
- Sivaji (The Boss) – Live Reviews « கில்லி – Gilli
- Sivaji : A Quick Review from Singapore.. « அலசல் – Probable imagination and Thoughtful futuristic suggestions 🙂
- Rani Mukherjee IS the surprise heroine in the film. She is big Rajini’s pair.
- Lightning Strikes Everyday: Movie Review: Sivaji : 99% Style 1% Substance
- Sivaji is a movie where shankar’s and Rajini’s negative aspects add instead of subtracting each other.
- Jeans is a good example of a Shankar movie which had several main ingredients that were dead on arrival
- Firstly, NRIs who are senior software architects will not be worth 200 crores.
- I wish Rajini had accepted the Mudhalvan script. It had a story.
- Chakra’s Graffiti » Blog Archive » ‘Sivaji – The Boss’ – 100% Biased review
- Did you hear the same story line in Padayappa? Yes, you did.
- Does the free education stuff reminds you of ‘Gentleman’? Yes, you are right indeed.
- The black money stuff – you would be right in thinking that you heard the same in ‘Mudhalvan’ and ‘Indian’ in a different flavour.
- Yet, Sivaji is different.
- Muthu’s Rambling Blog: Sivaji – Rajini all the way
- The coin gimmick has been done via graphics but the gum-popping scene at least looks real.
- If Chandramugi, which had no steam in it, could run for 800 days, I guess then Sivaji has a long way to go.
- Indian techies success stories in Silicon Valley
- Sabeer Bhatia’s sale of Hotmail to Microsoft for $400 million is a well-chronicled story
- Virginia-based IIT graduate Hemant Kanakia sold his Torrent Technologies to Swedish giant Ericsson, also for $400 million.
- சிவாஜி படம் பார்த்தேன் : பகிர்கிறேன் « அலசல்
- இந்த கதையை வைத்துக் கொண்டு என்னத்த சாதித்து விட முடியும் என்று நீங்கள் நினைத்தால் அது தவறு. ஷங்கர் புகுந்து விளையாடியிருக்கிறார்.
- ஜினியின் ‘முதுமை ஊஞ்சலாடுகிறது’; ‘பாட்ஷா’ ரஜினியின் வேகம் இந்த படத்தில் பல இடங்களில் மிஸ்ஸிங
- Fun Bin: Shivaji – Story and Review
(Telugu Version for Andhra Pradesh)
- There are no heroic feats in the film actually.
- Rajnikant has played like NTR, ANR and Chiranjeevi in a song.
- Noddys B-School Story!: SIVAJI – Review!
- There was this guy in the theater who wore a Sivaji Style Wig and entertained everyone even before the movie started.
- There was another guy who spent around 50$ on pop corn and distributed that to everyone so we could hurl it in the air when Rajini fills the screen space.
- Sivaji : The Boss – Movie review at தண்டோரா – இது கண்டதை சொல்லும்
- ரஜினியின் மேக்கப்மேனுக்கா, ஷ்ரேயாவின் மேக்கப்மேனுக்கா என சாலமான் பாப்பையா
- ஏவிஎம் ராஜேஸ்வரியில் ஆயிரம் நாளை கடப்பது நிச்சயம்.
- சாருநிவேதிதாக்களையும் பாமரன்களையும் திருப்திபடுத்தியிருக்கிறார். தீராநதிக்களும், காலச்சுவடுக்களும் கிழித்து தொங்கவிடுவதற்கு
- superstarksa.com | Blog Archive | Sivaji – Coooooool!
- Athiradi is clearly inspired by Roberto Rodriguez’s Mariachi trilogy, complete with the machine gun in the guitar and the rockets in the guitar case
- you should be really foolish to expect any logic from most Indian movies.
- ‘Sivaji’ – first Indian film to incorporate 4K resolution
- 2K resolution for digital intermediate (DI) is the set standard. Around 400 of the 2,900 prints of “Sivaji” have been made in digital format by Prasad EFX
- A single frame scanned in 2K occupies about 12 mb space while a 4K image would occupy 4 times more (48 mb).
- A male’s tales: The S-Day
- The frenzy that was there for “VV” does not even compare to this.
- வானத்துல இருக்குது பல ஸ்டார்;
நிலத்துல இருப்பது ஒரே ஸ்டார்!
அது நம்ம சூப்பர் ஸ்டார்!
- Sivaji-The Boss: Experience of a Fan : PassionForCinema
- A very mild looking oriental man peeped through the projection glass into the theater, shocked. The look on his face said it all.
- சும்மா டைம் பாஸ் மச்சி…..: சிவாஜி (ஒரிஜினல்) திரைவிமர்சனம்!
- Sivaji – BOSSa Overa Sodhapitanda Shankar « Pardon My Tamil
- Shankar’s letdown was worser than what the Indian team pulled off in the world cup.
- IdlyVadai – இட்லிவடை: சிவாஜி – குற்றப்பத்திரிக்கை
- ஒன்றாக கோர்த்தால் ரஜினி பட இம்பாக்டும் இல்லை சங்கர் பட இம்பாக்டும் இல்லை.
- Cool!, நான் தியேட்டர் ஏசியை சொன்னேன்.
- நிழல்கள்: சிவாஜி – A quick review
Chennai and TN: 50 -55 crores
AP: 18 crores
Karnataka: 7 crores
Kerala: 3.5 crores
Foreign (US, UK, Japan, Malaysia): 15 crores
Satellite rights: 4-5 crores
Audio rights: 1.5-2 crores
The first day tickets sold in Madras amounted to 1.7 crores.
Heroworshipping Rajinikanth: “Completed over 18 months, Sivaji’s Super 35 format makes the cinemascope broader and provides a panoramic vision to the viewer.
Other technologies like 4K processing and scanning with a resolution as high as 4096×3072 pixels (twice that of most Bollywood films), better colour grading and printing, and scene-based correction have been used to enhance the cinematic quality and the screen presence of the superstar.
But the technology and razzmatazz has come at a cost — AVM isn’t ready to share how much it has spent, but estimates vary between Rs 60 and Rs 80 crore — that analysts would normally find difficult to justify.
Yet, the film is not just likely to recover its spends, it could end up making a gargantuan Rs 150 crore in the first three weeks alone.
Of Sivaji’s 760 prints,
- 300 have been released in Telugu,
- 303 in Tamil,
- 145 have been reserved for foreign shores, and
- 12 for north India.
For Sivaji, his 100th Tamil film (he has acted in a total of 170 films), he is estimated to have been paid about Rs 15 crore + commissions, taking the total emoluments to around Rs 18-22 crore, something that would be the envy of Bachchan and the reigning Khans.”
|HOW THE TWO BADSHAHS STACK UP|
|per film||Rs 15 cr
|Rs 5-6 cr|
|Number of films
they do in a year
|One every two years||Acts in more
than 6 films
in a year; this year
he has 12 films
|Fan clubs||Over 15,000||About 24|
|SIVAJI IN NUMBERS|
|Budget of the film||Rs 60-80 cr*|
|Number of prints||760|
|How much distributors
have already paid
|Rs 60-70 cr|
|Overseas rights sold at||Rs 18 cr|
|Sattelite rights sold at||Rs 4 cr|
|Distribution rights in Chennai sold for||Rs 6.5 cr|
|Expected box office collections in three weeks||Rs 150 cr|
|* industry estimates vary widely|
|COMPARED TO BOLLYWOOD|
|The most expensive movie was Devdas with a budget of Rs 52 crore, followed by Kabhi Alvida Ne Kehana which had a budget of Rs 45 crore to Rs 50 crore|
|The highest number of prints was of Dhoom 2, which was over 1,000; usually blockbusters have prints ranging from 500-700|
|The highest box office grosser adjusted to inflation and the only one which has gone over the Rs 150 crore market in domestic box office sales is Sholay|
|Eros is believed to have paid Rs 46 crore for domestic as well as international distribution rights of Salaam -e-Ishq|
|THE OTHER SOUTH INDIAN SUPERSTARS|
|CHIRANJEEVI||Rs 5-8 crore plus earnings
from a territory
|KAMAL HASAN||Rs 5 crore|
|NAGARJUNA||Rs 3-5 crore|
|MAMOOTY||Rs 1 crore|